Pregnant with twins after IVF.

Friday, January 29, 2010

The ultrasound went really well today. Both babies are measuring three days ahead and....they're both girls!!! I can't decide if I'm so happy because they are girls or just because I finally know. I can plan and decorate and think of names. It all seemed so distant and intangible before. Now it feels so real. I can't explain it. Ms O and I went shopping and she picked out two outfits for them. I picked up a couple of sleepers and receiving blankets, all pinks and purples.

We emptied out the guest room last weekend and picked up a couple of cribs this week. I don't know what possessed me but I suddenly had. to. have. cribs. now! There are far more practical things I should have been obsessing about (carseats for instance) but so goes this pregnancy. One minute I can't force myself to buy anything baby related and the next I'm dropping a few hundred dollars in one week.

This weekend is fabric shopping. I'm going to get enough for coordinated quilts and curtains for the room. I would also like some wall art (see what I mean, totally impractical). I don't know if this is some wierd sixth sense, preparing everything so early, but I can't stop myself. My next doctor's appointment is Feb. 18 and so help my bank account, I will have everything I need by then.

I'd better get off this computer, Mr M is on a ski trip for the weekend and Ms O is with granny for the night. I should be eating cheesy garlic fries and watching girly movies right now.

Edited to add pictures:

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Two girls! Congratulations! At first, I was a little disappointed not to have at least one girl, but the more I think about it, I couldn't trade one of these boys for anything-- it's like it was just supposed to happen! (And, of course, I also think about the awful relationship I had with my mom as a teenager, and I think, 'WHEW. No karma coming back to me on this one!' Ha, ha, ha!)

    I wistfully noted (as we walked through the Target close to the OB's office-- I've been stalking their clearance section and have found some fabulous deals-- a pack and play for 1/2 off, and a twin tandem stroller for $70, also 1/2 off, plus misc. clothes and safety supplies, some crib decor, etc.) that there would be no cute little tights, swirly skirts, ruffle-butt underwear... kinda sad. But that's okay. I get legos and cars and sweet little boys instead.

    Wow, it sounds like I'm trying really hard to justify having boys-- I don't mean it like that. I just mean to say that I understand the excitement at having girls, just like I am excited about boys. Then again, after infertility, I am so excited to have ANYTHING!

    Congrats, congrats, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...what fabulous news & happy shopping to you as well:)

    ReplyDelete